Friday, March 25, 2011

Catch up....




Ok, so i started this post out with some very cute pics since the blog has been MIA for a minute. Those are from random outtings which are very few and far between now. As previously stated my computer caught a virus and so did I. I had the flu last weekend and so my mom was kind enough to brave overnight stints with Monkey to help Matt and myself. Thank goodness Monkey did not get the virus. I was even given a paper mask at the Solantic to wear immediately after being diagnosed. I felt like I was in China circa '09 during their rampid bird flu epidemic. However, I was a good patient and wore that darn thing everytime I stepped foot out of the bedroom. Having the flu has never been so bad as having it with a screaming baby that you can't hold and comfort but thank God Layne loves my mom and she is Fantastic with him. It's pretty much been one thing or another everyday with us. He came in to the world with Jaundice, has cradle cap really bad which is pretty gross, acne on his face and a continuous rash on his neck due to moisture in the creases brought on by fat and the inability to stretch his neck out yet, was constipated last week and has diaherra this week, he constantly scratches his face up with his super sharp, Wolverine nails that grow the second you cut them and suffers from chronic crying at the top of his lungs. I am surprised Child Services has not been called on us yet. It seems the only time Layne isn't crying is when he has his bottle in his mouth. I know we have nicknamed him our Monkey but he is more of a Piggy. And YES, I have tried everything...every toy, swings, mats, bringing him in a dark room in case he is overstimulated, rocking chair, outtings in stroller, gas drops, soy formula, more formula, less formula, vibrating chair, baths, letting him cry, not letting him cry, tummy time, different holding positions, car rides at 4:30 am EVERYTHING. I actually dare any of you to come up with a remedy that I have yet tried. I read in a book that weeks 6-8 are an adjusting stage to a baby and that their nervous and digestive system adjust during this period and some babies handle this stage better than others guess which one we have???? Yea. I never realized that one day when I had a baby I would be counting the days until he turned 1 or 2 or heck even 5 or 12. I knew a baby would be hard but not the specifics and man am I learning. My hat is off to all moms that are reading this I have a new found respect for you and for those that didn't go thru as much tourment as I am right now then BOOO to you...lol. Anyway I have more pics I just wanted to catch you all up on what's been going on it hasn't been pretty but we've made it to 2 months and we're not looking back!

No comments:

Post a Comment